TodayFlights is a Notification Center widget that allows you to monitor flights as they depart, fly and land. It uses the system flight tracking framework included in macOS.
Please note that Notification Center's Today widgets have been deprecated in macOS 11
- Download the latest DMG.
- Download the DMG file from above and copy the TodayFlights app to the Applications folder
- Launch the TodayFlights app
- Open Notification Center, select "Today" and click "1 new" at the bottom of the panel
- Add the TodayFlights widget by clicking on the plus icon (+)
- Start tracking a flight number by hovering over the widget and clicking the info button that appears in the top-right corner
A flight number is composed of the two character Airline Code and one to four digit Route Number, for example, for the flight number
|Airline Code||Route Number|
- Support sending optional user notifications when the flight departs, experiences delays and lands.
- macOS 10.15 or later
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2020 Josh Parnham
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.