A little experiment in node to create a simple CRUD app to save cocktail recipes. Right now, this add can save, list, and view cocktails.
- Express on NodeJS
- Mongoose on MongoDB
- Bootstrap v3
View the live demo here » (finally up!!)
I finished an in-depth full-stack JS class in June 2014 but never had the chance to build something completely on my own. At the same time, my cocktail recipe collection was getting a little out-of-hand and was stored on [gasp] paper.
This is my attempt to use what I learned to solve a very unimportant problem I was having with the JS tools I learned. Once this is is feature complete, I want to try out the major MVC frameworks to see what can be gained (or lost). Already the mish-mash of jQuery "partials" is a little unweildy so I'm guessing I can improve the maintainability a bit
A few samples of what you'll see if you don't feel like installing it yourself.
Install and run
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:joshcanhelp/cocktail-manager.gitor similar
mongod --dbpath ./db
- Go to http://localhost:3000 if this is on your local machine
- Click on "Login" and you should see a message directing you to create a user. Enter your email and password twice to create the single admin user
- After submitting, you should be logged in and able to add/edit cocktails
- Create a full testing scheme with Mocha and Chai
- Build out the API for use with MVC frameworks
- Add Backbone with a specific Grunt build task
- Add Angular with a specific Grunt build task
- Add Ember with a specific Grunt build task