Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
No major new gameplay, but several improvements to the UI and other refinements.
- Noteworthy UI improvements
- Character sheets and map tooltips include non-physical melee damage (such as a fire ant's bonus fire damage).
- When inspecting an enemy, the character sheet's tooltips for the enemy's Attack and Defense values show the hit chances for you versus the enemy.
- Character sheets list special movement qualities (flying, random movement, etc.).
- Proficiencies' tooltips provide more information about proficiency level.
- Digging implements' tooltips tell how long digging will take.
- Gameplay tweaks
- Boost Fourth Blessing: Longevity.
- You can now use the Mining talent without a digging implement (although it will take longer).
- Healing potions' effects now scale with constitution.
- Other UI improvements
- Improve object tooltips for multiple objects.
- Improved Pick Up Items dialog.
- Inventory screen tooltips sometimes failed to show.
- A missed Fire Slash failed to display its "near miss" message.
- Saving a game while Poisoned Dart was in flight didn't work properly.
- Minor changes
- Adjust the effect of Mining proficiency on Poison Ore Strike.
- Reading scrolls now requires the ability to see.
- Compatible with T-Engine 1.1.0
- Boot screen
- Critical hits.
- Each attack has a 5% chance of knocking an opponent off balance.
- The next attack against an off-balance opponent is an automatic critical hit. In addition to dealing 50% bonus damage, critical hits allow you to execute weapon-specific maneuvers, such as a staff sweep or spinning halberd attack.
- Desperation attacks. When reduced to 30% health or lower, your next attack is an automatic critical hit.
- Changes to Off-Hand Attack make learning left hand techniques easier:
- Staffs are now classified as double weapons and so can be used with Off-Hand Attack. (Currently, double weapons only help with Off-Hand Attack; rumors exist of fighting styles that take full advantage of double weapons, but such techniques cannot be found this early in the dungeon...)
- Off-Hand Attack's tooltip now gives more information, to help you know whether or not it can deal the finishing blow.
Less visible changes:
- Rebalance health, damage, and armor.
- Various tweaks to techniques:
- Blood Sip heals on hit as well as on each turn.
- You can now step past unconscious opponents who you've chosen not to kill.
- Pickpocketing an unconscious creature always succeeds.
- Creatures who've regained consciousness are still groggy and unable to act for one turn.
- Poisoned Dart's poison is more dangerous.
- Charged Bolt is more accurate.
- Increase damage on Explosive Tags.
- Various tweaks to creatures. In particular:
- Fire ants are rarer.
- Cave bats know Blood Sip.
- New items: meditation scrolls, scrolls of body hardening, smoke bombs, and explosive tags. Explosive tags are particularly fun to play with.
- AI fixes: dog-head men no longer shoot each other in the back, fire ants no longer try to slash you from across the room, and so on.
- Various other improvements, such as a random name generator and updated particle effects
- Compatible with T-Engine 1.0.5
- 3 new monsters to fight
- New monsters mean new qi techniques to absorb. Pursue happiness and good fortune with the Five Blessings, lurk in the shadows with Dweller in Darkness and Bat-Blind Vision, amass a swarm of insect allies with Hive Mind, and more.
- New game mechanics: Blindsense and blind-fighting now exist. (They're currently only useful when it's dark; blindness itself is coming in a future version.) You can pickpocket your enemies. There's now a limit to how many qi techniques you can know at once, so absorbing a new technique may require that you forget an old one.
- Various gameplay and UI improvements. For example, the game now tracks all techniques you've learned across any character, so you can right-click an enemy and choose Inspect Creature to see what techniques can be absorbed and which techniques you haven't seen yet.