A YOURLS plugin to fetch YouTube page titles via the Google API
YouTube titles are broken in YOURLS, only displaying a naked url. This can be corrected by fetching the page title via the Google API.
- A Google API key
- Information here
- YOURLS 1.7.9 ( only tested against this version )
- Download this repo and place
- Enable the plugin in the admin area of YOURLS
- Set API key in YouTube API Admin page
- Limit the API key credential to the IP address of your YOURLS server to avoid abuse. Other limiting methods seemed to result in failure.
- Use with Title Refetch to fix broken YouTube titles that already exist in the YOURLS database
Copyright 2020 Joshua Panter