Nozomi: Faster Rails templating
My stack for new rails 3 projects.
Each change is committed to git in a single commit, so you can cherry pick the bits you like. Alternatively feel free to use the template as a base for your own version.
gem install nozomi nozomi projectname
- -d for selecting database, passed directly through to Rails
- -i for Interactive mode, user can choose any of the provided mini-templates
Easy gem management.
Only need one terminal window open to run rspec, spork, rails server, and automatically reload bundler etc.
I don't remember the last time I used Test::Unit, does anybody actually use it anymore?
jQuery is today's default JS framework of choice.
I cringe when I see ERB, if your designer doesn't understand Haml, perhaps it's time for a new designer.
Now that SCSS is a superset of CSS there should be no arguments here.
Awesome out-of-the-box styling using the Twitter-Bootstrap suite, done in sass.
For fashion-model thin controllers, so skinny they're barely there. (Did you know that Nozomi is also a Japanese fashion model?)
The best interface for driving any kind of integration specs with Selenium, Webrat, etc
Installing the gem locally for testing
You will probably want to uninstall any existing nozomi gem:
gem uninstall nozomi
How to contribute
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Josh Price. See LICENSE for details.