This project was created to allow my wife to let me know what she was craving throughout her pregnancy with our son, Linus. We eventually decided to just use Pinterest, but this was still a fun project!
- Add URLs of recipes, restaurant menu items, take out, or pretty much aything on the internet
- Using the Embed composer library found here, I get the information from the page, and find the best image to set as the thumbnail image
- The craving is then saved to local storage for later viewing (back when it was just for my wife and I, a database was being used and and email notification would be sent to myself)
- Users can then remove cravings if they wish or go directly to the URL
Languages / tools used
- Jquery (mostly for easy DOM querying)
- LESS / CSS3
Running this project locally
There is a file needed in the
_inlcudes folder that is not tracked called
config.php. In order to run this locally, you will need to specify a
BASE_URL with the project path inside this file.
Once the configuration file is added, you will need to run
webpack && grunt.
See more of what I'm up to on my personal portfolio.