Loose Change is a Ruby ORM for CouchDB
- where 'Object-Relational Mapper' is as accurate as 'Holy Roman Empire'
Goals and Principles
- Take advantage of ActiveModel
- Make common tasks easy; get out of your way if you need the metal
- Make working with GeoCouch seamless
Documents with spatial properties are now supported if you are running the latest version of GeoCouch from git. Only Point and MultiPoint geometries are currently supported and tested.
- Only tested on Ruby 1.9.2. I'm not intentionally breaking 1.8.x, but neither do I guarantee anything.
- Add Rake tasks to push complicated views from a JS directory
- Accepted. Fork at Github
Shoulders of Giants
Inspiration and help from:
- RestClient, for the basic HTTP plumbing.
- CouchRest, for the idea and basic structure of using RestClient to talk to CouchDB.
- CouchRest-Rails, for implementation ideas for interacting with Rails.
- will_paginate, for making pagination a dead-simple addition.
- MIT. See LICENSE for more details.