OpenComparison helps you easily identify and compare good apps, frameworks, plugins, and other types of packages, using comparison grids.
Comparison grids with wiki-like editing capability
- Add packages to grid
- Add/edit grid features
- Toggle between simple and smart grids
- Filter grid by search text
- Extendable grid templatetags for custom feature display/styling
Storage of package info, fetched from public APIs
- SourceForge (forthcoming)
- Autocomplete packages/grids
- "I use this" button
- Latest packages featured on homepage
"Add package" and "Add grid" forms
- Extendable package model, using package extenders
The most current example is live and functional at http://www.djangopackages.com.
The http://opencomparison.org project also supports projects such as plone.opencomparison.org and pyramid.opencomparison.org.
The documentation is hosted at http://opencomparison.rtfd.org
The code is open-source and licensed under the MIT license.
For Django Dash 2010, @pydanny and @audreyr (the "Scared of Rabbits" team) created Django Packages and have been working on it since then, turning it into the OpenComparison framework.
They are joined by a host of core developers and contributors. See http://opencomparison.readthedocs.org/en/latest/contributors.html