The EV3 Messenger is a C# program for exchanging messages with a Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot using Bluetooth.
How to use
- Create a bluetooth connection between your computer and the Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot (using windows, not using the Mindstorms EV3 program environment)
- Check which serial port is used by the connection (find the properties in the 'Start Menu -> Device and printers' dialog.
- Create a program on your EV3 robot that uses message blocks and wait for message blocks (actually the wait blocks have a better use, especially in update mode)
- Run the EV3Messenger program....
- Lego did not release the bluetooth protocol of the EV3 yet. So this program was made after sniffing the serial communication. It's a functional proof of concept :-)
- Direct commands are not supported.
A short doc file that should get you up and running with the code can be found in DOCS.md
More to follow.... need some time (who doesn't)!
Joeri van Belle
Moved from CodePlex to GitHub