Awesome Voice Apps
A curated list of awesome voice projects, tools, and resources for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and more.
- Design & Prototyping
- Voice Dev Rocks: Tech-focused newsletter from the voice developer community.
- Voicebot Weekly: Very up-to-date and thorough coverage of what's happening in voice.
- Hearing Voices: Market-focused newsletter sharing interesting links and thoughts about the voice space.
- Offical Alexa Dev Blog: Regularly updated with all the latest from the Alexa dev team
- Talking to Computers: Development focused blog by Dustin Coates
- Alexa Dev Chat The official Amazon Alexa Dev podcast (monthly)
- VoiceFirstFM: Great formats, including "This Week in Voice" and a roundtable
- Voicebot Podcasts Weekly podcast starring people involved in the voice space
- Alexa Slack: 1000+ Alexa Skill developers
- Google Home Slack: 100+ Google Action developers
- Microsoft Cortana Slack: 30+ Cortana Skill developers
- #VoiceDevs on Twitter: Twitter List of voice developers
- Official Alexa Dev Forums: Support from the Alexa team
Design & Prototyping
- Sayspring: Service that allows for prototyping, designing, and sharing voice apps before development stage
- Storyline: Create voice apps without coding by using a mind map interface
- Botmock: Design prototypes for Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant with in-browser testing and team collaboration
- Tortu: Design voice apps for any platform. Create visual flowcharts, store all phrase variants for each dialog step and create interactive prototypes.
- Crafting a Character: Design an engaging Assistant app: Step by step guide for designing a voice/bot character, provided by Google
- Clearleft Voice Guidelines: An extensive list of resources and guidelines for designing voice interfaces
- Jovo: Build cross-platform voice applications for Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Voxa: Alexa Framework that uses state machines
- Flask-Ask: Alexa Skills Kit for Python
- Woice: Voice Browsing and Transcription Framework.
- Dialogflow: Previously known as API.AI, owned by Google
- Rasa: Open source language understanding for conversational bots and assistants Install
- [SNIPS] (https://snips.ai/): Snips provides Private-By-Design, Decentralized Voice Assistant Technology and Solutions.
- Reverb: Test Alexa on your phone or desktop
- BST: Command Line Interface tool for testing while developing Alexa Skills and Google Actions
- EchoSim: Test Alexa on your Amazon account from your browser
- Jovo Debugger: Test Jovo voice apps in your browser
- Dashbot: Chatbot analytics including usage metrics and live transcripts.
- Bespoken Analytics: Dashboard including usage metrics, logging, and monitoring
- Audio Converter: Convert your MP3s into the right format for Alexa skills
- Talestreamer: Add rich, multilayered sound effects and music to your speech output.
- Skillinator: Create an Alexa Skill node.js blueprint from an Interaction Model JSON
- Slotinator: Easily create an Alexa JSON structure for custom slots
- Amazon Alexa Docs: Official resource from Amazon
- Getting Started with Alexa Skills Kit: Official resource from Amazon
Tutorials & Courses
- Official Alexa Tutorials: Up to date tutorials from the Alexa dev team
- DabbleLab: Weekly video tutorials and associated github repo
- Codecademy: A complete "from the basics" intro to Alexa and Lambda
- Voice Applications for Alexa and Google Assistant Book will teach you how to build your own "skills"— the voice app term for actions the device can perform — from scratch.
Templates & Examples
- Alexa Offical Github: 23 repos with python and node templates from the basics to an audioplayer
- Actions on Google Official GitHub: 14 repos with node templates
- TsaTsaTzu Alexa Resources: Sound files to use in SSML tags
To the extent possible under law, Linked Experiences, Inc. has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.