Chef Cookbooks and tools for use with SmartOS.
This is intended for management of the Global Zone, not SmartMachines (Non-Global Zones). For cookbooks and tools to be used with SmartMachines/NGZ's, please see the joyent/smartmachine_cookbooks repository instead.
For details about how to use this repository, please refer to http://wiki.smartos.org/display/DOC/Using+Chef
- cookbooks: Indivial SmartOS cookbooks. The "smartos" cookbook itself is considered the primary cookbooks applied to all nodes and should be the first one included in the run_list.
- knife_bootstrap: Bootstrap templates for Knife.
- nodes: Chef node attribute files.
- smf: SmartOS SMF XML manifests for Chef Solo & Chef Client
- scripts: Chef Solo bootstrap scripts to simplify deployment.
For Chef Solo users, a Makefile is included to transfer the contents of the repsitory to a web server for distribution.
These tools and cookbooks are unofficial and not supported by Joyent or its partners. Please use at your own risk.
- Make fat client bootstrap more verbose (add echos), make pkgsrc bootstrap less verbose.
- Sanitize and include LDAP Client cookbook
- LWRP for managing images (imgadm)
- LWRP improvements for user management
- LWRP improvements for SMF management