Roblox Requests brings user-friendly HTTP to Roblox with no need for the manual labor of HttpService.
With Requests you can send robust, human-readable HTTP requests without ever having to deal with the underlying HttpService. No more manual query strings or encoding POST data.
The Power of Roblox Requests:
local r = http.get("https://api.github.com/orgs/Roblox/repos") print(r.status_code, r.message) -- 200 OK local repos = r:json() print(#repos) -- 30 print(r.content_type) -- application/json print(r.encoding) -- utf-8 print(r.headers["x-ratelimit-remaining"]) -- 59
Roblox Requests will bring simple support for all internet resources to your game. In this documentation you'll find step-by-step instructions to get the most out of Roblox Requests.
- Sessions with Cookie Persistence
- Default Headers, URL prefixes
- Automatic Query Strings
- JSON Body Encoding, JSON Response Decoding
- Elegant Key/Value Cookies
- Domain/Path filters
- Multipart File Encoding and Upload
- Local and Global Response Caching
- Cloud backed global cache
- Builtin Lua Promise Support
- Global/Per-Session Ratelimiting
Roblox Requests was inspired by the well known Python Requests library.
This project is MIT Licensed.