MIDI file player for desktop computer
- The program is not named yet.
- The development is in an early stage, but the program is working well and has many features.
- It works on Linux and Windows. Probably Mac too.
The keys are recognized by physical location and not label.
The listed key names are based on the QWERTY keyboard type, it will vary for a different type of layout.
|F2||Select a MIDI device for playback|
|Tab||Switch between file browser and track info|
|Esc||Quit the program|
|-||Decrement the proportional window size|
|=||Increment the proportional window size|
|Page ↑||Go to previous track in playlist/folder|
|Page ↓||Go to next track in playlist/folder|
|Space||Pause or unpause|
|Home||Seek to beginning of current track|
|End||Seek to end of current track|
|←↕→||Navigate in the file browser|
|←→||In track info view, seek track by ± 5 seconds|
|Shift + ←→||In any view, seek track by ± 10 seconds|
|[||Decrease speed by 1%|
|]||Increase speed by 1%|
|`||Switch between repeat modes: On/Off, and Single/Multi|
|/||Scan songs in the current folder of the file browser and play them at random|
To build the software, type
make in the source directory.
Install following packages on Debian/LibraZiK/Mint:
(in case JACK 1 is preferred over JACK 2, replace
Immediately after building, the program is available by starting
The optional synthesizers have additional requirements, and they are built only if these are present.
- Fluidsynth: install the package
- FM-OPL3 (ADLMIDI): check out external sources into the tree, as follows.
git clone https://github.com/Wohlstand/libADLMIDI.git thirdparty/libADLMIDI
- FM-OPN2 (OPNMIDI): check out external sources into the tree, as follows.
git clone https://github.com/Wohlstand/libOPNMIDI.git thirdparty/libOPNMIDI
- SCC (emidi): check out external sources into the tree, as follows.
git clone https://github.com/jpcima/scc.git thirdparty/scc
- MT32EMU: check out external sources into the tree, as follows.
git clone https://github.com/munt/munt.git thirdparty/munt