bash shell scripts to act as a Fritz!Box client
This is meant as a bare bones set of scripts to help me communicating with my own Fritz!Box. If they are useful for others: great!
When not: There are much more fancy clients in other languages, like these:
- PHP (last update 2013-11): https://github.com/nihunde/FritzClient
- C++ (last update 2015-03): https://github.com/jowi24/kfritz
- C++ (last update 2015-01): https://github.com/jowi24/vdr-fritz
- Python (last update: 2014-02): https://github.com/exhuma/fritzclient
- Python (last update: 2015-02): https://github.com/geier/frytz
- Perl (last update: 2014-05}: https://github.com/rhuss/aha
- C++ (lastupdate 2014-02): https://github.com/jowi24/libfritzpp
Note: the dates are at the time of writing this.
Base repository is at https://github.com/jpluimers/bash-fritzclient.git
Ensure there is a
bash-fritzclient.config in the parent directory. You can copy it from
reboot: reboots your Fritz!Box by first sending a POST request followed by an AJAX get request.
get-config: downloads the Fritz!Box configuration.
Both perform authentication to the Fritz!Box with the infamous MD5 challenge protocol. For that I reused quite some code from https://home.debian-hell.org/dokuwiki/scripts/fritzbox.backup.mit.curl.bash after doing some badly needed cleanup.
Note: the PDF has moved around over time, so if the link is broken, search for