Wikileaks: Kissinger Cables
To make the project up and running, you need:
- Node 0.8.19
- NPM 1.1.32
- PostGreSQL 9.1
Esnure that postgresql-server-dev-9.1, libxml2, libxml2-dev and gyp packages are present on your system.
Step 1: Download the dependencies
The app is build at the top of the pleasant Node Package Manager. To download and set up the whole dependancies three, simply run from the project's root directory :
$ npm install
Step 2: Edit the configuration
Use configuration file
The default configuration is present into config/default.json. Every modifications in this file will be commited. The runtime.json file is an auto-generated file that you shouldn't edit.
- Development mode: If you want to overide default values, you have to create a file named config/development.json and corresponding to your local configuration. This file will be ignored by git.
- Production mode: if you want to overide default values, you have to edit the config/production.json file to fit with your production environment. This file will be ignored by git.
Alternative: use environment variables
The following environment variables can be use with the highest priority :
- PORT defines the port to listen to (ex: 80);
- DATABASE_URL defines the database URL;
- NODE_ENV defines the runtime mode that affects the configuration (ex: development, production, etc).
Step 3: Build the database
Download the ngram's database from this torrent then extract the downloaded archive:
$ gzip -d ngrams.sql.gz
Finally, import the sql file into your database. 214,549,557 lines, it can be long:
$ psql DATABASE_NAME < ngrams.sql
Step 4: Run!
To launch the application enter the following command:
$ node app.js
Your application is now available from localhost:3000/plusd/!
- Error: watch ENOSPC: Do not run the application with DropBox on the same system. Link: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/nodejs/LX7sz9f-fmY