Auditing tools for Canadian governments' open source code
This project audits the source code repositories published by Canadian governments.
Care about open data? Head over to the database of Canadian open government data catalogs.
Download the data as YAML:
- Software license usage
- Programming language usage
- GitHub organizations controlled by Canadian governments
Generate a personal access token on GitHub and set an
ACCESS_TOKEN environment variable:
Then, follow the documentation relating to:
- What software licenses Canadian governments use
- Tweeting each time a Canadian government creates a GitHub repository
- What programming languages Canadian governments use
bundle exec rake organizations > data/organizations.txt bundle exec rake licenses:github languages:github validate ONLYNEW=true bundle exec rake licenses:none bundle exec rake licenses:unknown
Last updated: March 4, 2018
Copyright (c) 2017 James McKinney, released under the MIT license