This program will read a Living Cookbook 2015, 2013 or 2011 backup file (.lcb) and output your recipes to Living Cookbook .fdx export files which can be imported into other recipe software. Alternatively, you can chose to write your recipes to formatted Microsoft Word documents (.docx) with customizable styles or plain text files (.txt). This program is designed to help those who have Living Cookbook backup files, but can no longer run the program because of license key issues.
Changes this release:
- Added support for Living Cookbook 2011 in both Living Cookbook Rescue and FakeLCBackup.
- Updated the User Guide to include Living Cookbook 2011 support.
- Added a FAQ section to the User Guide.
- Non-printable binary characters are now stripped from any text string in the exports. These caused problems importing into other recipe programs (Issue #1002)
- Fixed spelling errors in the user interface and log messages.
- Corrected the User Guide which incorrectly listed Windows Vista as a currently-supported OS. Microsoft ended support for Vista on 1/11/2017.