This program will read a Living Cookbook 2015, 2013, 2011 or 2008 backup file (.lcb) and export your recipes to Living Cookbook .fdx export files which can be imported into other recipe software. Alternatively, you can export your recipes to MasterCook files (.mz2), formatted Microsoft Word documents (.docx) with customizable styles, or plain text files (.txt). This program is designed to help those who have Living Cookbook backup files, but can no longer run the program because of license key issues.
Changes this release:
- Added support for Living Cookbook 2008 in both Living Cookbook Rescue and FakeLCBackup.
- Improved performance for processing larger numbers of recipes by reducing the amount of internal logging. Users with tens of thousands of recipes were overwhelming the logger and, as a result, exports slowed to a crawl while the logger struggled to catch up.
- Made export mode “Combined Files by Cookbook” the default because it’s used most often.
- The Export Log now writes the version of the program in its first line of output.
- Fixed Issue 1018: Recipe types were not exported if the recipe was not in a cookbook chapter.
- Fixed Issue 1019: Added checks for null recipeids while reading recipes from the database. Living Cookbook should never create such a recipe, but sometimes recipes are corrupted in this way for unknown reasons. The program will ignore such recipes gracefully.
- This program now requires .NET Framework 4.6.2.
- Updated the DocX library (used to create Word documents) to version 1.6.0.
- Updated the NLog library (the logger) to version 4.6.8.