JQ Home Assistant Configuration
My configuration for Home Assistant (https://home-assistant.io/)
Integrations in use:
- Synology NAS - Home Assistant host via Docker
- Aeon Labs Z-stick - Z-Wave integration (overhead lights, switches, minimote)
- ESP8266 Multisensor (guide)
- Hue - A19 bulbs + Hub
- Chromecast - media player
- Text-to-speech - announcements via Chromecast audio & Amazon Polly
- Ubiquiti Unifi - presence detection
- Nest - climate control
- Flux - lighting temperature (via Hue)
- Emulated Hue - lighting / script control via Amazon Alexa
- Arlo - camera views inside HA dashboard, arming/disarming
- Alarm.com - automated arming
- Darksky weather
- Google Travel Time
- Fast.com connection monitoring
- System monitoring - CPU, RAM
- Sunset, Time, Workday sensors
- Pushover notifications
- Bring up the bedroom lights in daylight color gradually 30 min prior to wake up time (set via home assistant controls).
- On first motion in kitchen, bring up the lights, announce the weather forecast over kitchen speakers. If the current day is a work day, announce the travel time to work using Google travel time.
- Turn off all lights and set Nest to away mode based off phone presence detection.
- Arm Arlo motion detection notifications
- Send push notification when away mode is activated.
- When phone returns into visibility, turn on entry lights for 10 minutes.
- Disarm Arlo motion detection notifications
- On first motion in kitchen after returning from away mode, play welcome message and bring up the main lights.
- Adjust lighting temperature via Flux periodically
- When bedtime is activated (via minimote or Alexa), play goodnight message, turn off main lights after 60 seconds, turn on bedroom lights, arm alarms, lock doors.
- After 10 minutes, slowly fade bedroom lights until completely off.
- On motion in kitchen, bring up kitchen lightstrips for 10 minutes.
- Turn off any lights still on after 2am.
- House temperature is below 55 degrees
- Sensor battery below 40%, check daily at 8pm
- Internet connection goes down or comes back up
- RAM usage on NAS is above 96%
- 3D printer job finished
- Home Assistant startup