This page describes how to contribute changes to Esprima.
Please do not create a pull request without reading this guide first. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the pull request.
1. Create a ticket in the issue tracker. This serves as a placeholder for important feedback, review, or any future updates.
2. Run all the tests. This requires Node.js:
npm install to set up,
npm test to run the tests.
3. Work on a feature branch. If the change still needs some tweaks, it will not clutter the master branch.
4. Write a reasonable commit message:
- Keep the first line < 72 characters. Write additional paragraphs if necessary.
- Put the link to the ticket. This is important for cross-referencing purposes.
For more information, please check the detailed contribution guide.