Clone this wiki locally
See issue tracker for 3.2.0 tickets.
Ongoing work and applicable principles
- Limit all test suite selection operations to #qunit-fixture (see https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/2880)
- Check minified code for syntax errors (see https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/3075)
Add CSS linter for test CSS to enforce our CSS styleguide.
- Historically, new DOM/ES features have not been performant so we'll need to jsperf them and weigh against increased code size and complexity.
- May need new API surface for things like
.usedStyleand it may be master-only
Improve modularity (e.g., gh-1864)
Start using ES6 modules and transpile to other formats.
Improve support for "Web Components" features like ShadowRoot
Reconcile invalid input behavior across the API. This is to be done in stages.
- See gh-2134
Add e2e tests.
focus tests - https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/a644101ed04d0beacea864ce805e0c4f86ba1cd1/test/unit/event.js#L2703, https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/a644101ed04d0beacea864ce805e0c4f86ba1cd1/test/unit/event.js#L2676
isDefaultPrevented, stopImmediatePropagation - https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/a644101ed04d0beacea864ce805e0c4f86ba1cd1/test/unit/event.js#L375
Create a Web Download Builder
- See gh-1691 for background.
Add automated code coverage
- See gh-1965 for background.
Run unit tests with XHTML doctype
- See gh-1731 for background.
Drop Node.js <4 support in 2017
Change code style for checking method presence
- See gh-3221 for background
Rewrite speed framework
Explore simplification of jQuery.support
Investigate possible unnecessary modularization of some variables
Investigate possible reuse of support divs
- See gh-2405 for background
Standardize the way we check node disconnectedness
- See gh-2404
Reduce cyclomatic complexity of effects
Reduce cyclomatic complexity of manipulation
Investigate implementing jQuery (specifically .init) as an Array subclass
- See gh-1754 for background