Elegant IRC client.
Pyranha aims to be a simple, opinionated and good looking IRC client, with elegance as the primary design goal for both the implementation and the user interface. The user is expected to know enough about IRC and dotfiles to have the absolute minimum of UI elements; keyboard shortcuts and commands trump on-screen buttons. Documentation is of highest importance.
Python, Gtk, CSS, and YAML.
- YAML for all configuration and state
- Hot config file editing and reloading
- Inline image preview and URL processing
- Completely styled using CSS
Hot-swapping CSS themes
- Cross-platform build and testing
- Usable network/channel UX
- Prototype UI layout and CSS styling
- Keyboard/command UX
- Inline image previews
- Inline URL processing and previews/summaries
Pyranha is licensed under the MIT license. See the
LICENSE file for details.
Pyranha is developed by John Reese as a labor of love. It builds on top of many fine projects from the open source community. Some of the more obscure pieces include: