DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets Demo
A simple DeepaMehta 4 plugin that demonstrates the usage of WebSockets.
- Provides a minimal HTML page that acts as a WebSocket client.
- Provides a server-side part that listens to topic update events and pushes them to all connected WebSocket clients.
DeepaMehta 4 is a platform for collaboration and knowledge management.
Install the DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets plugin:
Install this demo plugin.
Open the WebSocket client:
A simple HTML page appears.
It opens a WebSocket connection to
ws://localhost:8081/and sends a greeting message.
In the server log you'll see:
Apr 18, 2016 5:13:07 PM de.deepamehta.websockets.WebSocketConnection onOpen INFO: ### Opening a WebSocket connection for plugin "de.deepamehta.websockets-example" Apr 18, 2016 5:13:07 PM de.deepamehta.websockets.demo.WebSocketsDemoPlugin websocketTextMessage INFO: ### Receiving message from WebSocket client: "Hello WebSockets server!"
In the WebSocket client: open the browser's web console. You'll see:
Opening WebSocket connection to ws://localhost:8081/
Further messages will appear here soon.
In another browser window (or in another browser): open the DeepaMehta Webclient and log in.
In the DeepaMehta Webclient: create or edit any topics.
All topic update events are broadcasted to all connected WebSocket clients. The events appear in their web consoles.
0.3 -- Apr 18, 2016
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.8 and DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets 0.3
0.2.3 -- Mar 22, 2014
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.7 and DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets 0.2.3
0.2.2 -- Dec 3, 2014
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.4 and DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets 0.2.2
0.2.1 -- Jun 8, 2014
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.3 and DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets 0.2.1
0.2 -- Feb 18, 2014
- Compatible with DeepaMehta 4.2 and DeepaMehta 4 WebSockets 0.2
Apr 18, 2016