Unlock will allow the system to unlock and mount CoreStorage encrypted volumes during boot (and before a User logs in). In other words, this allows you to log in as a User whose home directory is on an encrypted secondary volume without any problems.
- Find the UUID of the CoreStorage Logical Volume you are trying to unlock (run
diskutil cs listin the terminal and search for the LV UUID; it will be a string like: "497C771B-63FE-461F-AD7B-0BEF9A6BA718").
bash <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/jridgewell/Unlock/keychain/install.sh)in the terminal
- You will be asked for your login password.
- Next, enter the UUID when asked.
- Finally, enter the passphrase you used to encrypt the volume when asked.
- Everything should be set up! Restart your computer and log in to test.
bash <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/jridgewell/Unlock/keychain/uninstall.sh)in the terminal (you'll be asked for your login password) to remove all traces from the system.