canvasLister is a parsing and layout engine with css like syntax for text and images on html5 canvas elements.
See the demo live here: http://jrie.github.io/CanvasLister/example.html
A short guide on the feature list and syntax to create the markup, can be found "example\source.txt" or in "example\guide_and_outline.json" in the example folder, which also gives a more detailed view to the syntax and feature options and plans.
General feature overview
- Setting a base font family, size and color
- Tag formats like 'b', 'i', 'bi' for bold, italic and bold italic text elements
- 'color="#hexValue"' to color text
- Font sizes in in px and %, while percentage beeing relative to the base font size set on canvaslister init
- Mixing of tags in the markup, like 'bi color="#00aa22" size="120%'
- Support for nested tags
- Filtering of image data from markup and parsing of general attributes for that image
- Floating of images if set left/right, if the images fit the width they float, but also overflow
- Image descriptions with auto height feature and text allocation
Notes and testing
The project was tested working in Firefox, IE10 and Chrome, the only exception with Chrome, Chrome requires to be started with the parameter: "--allow-file-access-from-files", otherwise local Ajax requests will fail to load the source.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.