- make the menu "system>sound" abit easier. The beep level are now "always, some, never" whereas "some" means the standard settings from ini-flag ( see issue #153 )
- clock display updated (=hashed). This should especially in analysis & kibitz modes result in quicker response times.
- Bugfix "book" message
- Ini: changed "disable-ok-move" to "disable-ok-message". This flag now also controls the "OK" messages from buttons.
- Ini: renamed some (more) ini flags. For example from pgn & mail part to make them similar to the others.
- PI buttons: increase key-repeat & key-wait
Before Update please control your picochess.ini file to use the same flag (names) as the provided picochess.ini.example!
- obey waiting times on the clock. Messages are now shown with correct display (show) times and multi messages (several messages in a row) are now better handled. Also the message display is in sync with the PI version now.
- on shutdown/reboot don't display "abort"
- don't show time in analysis & kibitz modes
- Changed button function when picochess is waiting. Introduce the usage of the lever. For details see issue #182
- Rev2 users now able to switch sides (use the lever function from rev2 for this)
- Time messages have now a better (longer) text
- Various improvements in console mode
- Move display is now aligned to the players side
- two more languages (french, spanish) inside. Thanks to Fred Just and Rafa Blanco. Several texts updated.
- picochess can now autoconnect to the board (no need for a "-d" flag, if y have a jessie system). Thanks to @lucasvdp
(Manual) Update to a Jessie System (only for experts)
If you have a jessie please copy the "picochess.service" file which is located under "dgt" folder and put in /etc/systemd/system (You prob. need to update the file abit - for example no "-pi").
After that run "systemctl enable picochess" to enable picochess on jessie. You dont need this "scripts" stuff anymore. This manual install is for experts only! (Linux) Beginners please wait for an image, we gonna provide soon.
Picochess will for run under Wheezy too without problems like before, just this autoconnect function only working with jessie.
- beep level can now be changed inside the system menu
- no zero times at new game
- remove "you move" message
- remove "shutdown" & "reboot" from system menu. Shutdown is now available by pressing "<" & ">" buttons together. Reboot now available by placing bQs at d8,e8 (similar to shutdown placing of wQs)
- various small bug fixes
- new menu system see issue #155 for details
- rotating log files (prevent sdcard running full)
- more books & final engine decision
- remote engines now similar to local ones (not only one remote engine)
- bugfix for old serial only boards (clock recognize didnt worked)