miniircd is a small and limited IRC server written in Python. Despite its size, it is a functional alternative to a full-blown ircd for private or internal use. Installation is simple; no configuration is required.
- Knows about the basic IRC protocol and commands.
- Easy installation.
- Basic SSL support.
- No configuration.
- No ident lookup (so that people behind firewalls that filter the ident port without sending NACK can connect without long timeouts).
- Can't connect to other IRC servers.
- Only knows the most basic IRC commands.
- No IRC operators.
- No channel operators.
- No user or channel modes except channel key.
- No reverse DNS lookup.
- No other mechanism to reject clients than requiring a password.
Python 2.5 or newer, Python 2.6 or newer when SSL is used. Get it at http://www.python.org.
None. Just run "./miniircd --help" (or "python miniircd --help") to get some help.
GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
Joel Rosdahl firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Wright Leandro Lucarella Matt Behrens