Clone this wiki locally
For contributors, the jruby-rack release process goes something like the following:
update the target version using
rake update_version commit the change and run
rake release which does about:
- Ensure that release version is correct in pom.xml and
mvn installruns clean.
- Ensure generated changes to src/main/ruby/jruby/rack/version.rb are checked in.
- Ensure History.md is updated with latest release information.
- Tag current release in git:
git tag <version>.
- Push commits and tag:
git push origin master --tags
- Build gem:
rake clean gem
- Push gem:
gem push target/jruby-rack-*.gem
- Release jar to maven repository:
mvn -DupdateReleaseInfo=true deploy
optionally it is recommended to update the version after the release to the next development "SNAPSHOT" using
rake update_version again and commit the changes