Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Here is a draft of the contribution guide to JRuby.
Getting and Building JRuby
Here are the different test commands:
ant test: runs all JRuby unit tests.
ant spec-short: runs Rubyspecs for 1.8 and 1.9 in interpreted mode.
- To run a spec separately:
./bin/jruby -S mspec /path/to/spec.rb
- Do not change specs in the JRuby codebase, as they are being updated from https://github.com/rubyspec/rubyspec/. Instead create a PR in the Rubyspecs project.
- Make sure commit comments contain as much information as possible on the intent of the fix, so that PRs can be reviewed more easily.
- Use feature branch if possible (?)
- Keep big formatting changes in separate commits or PR to make review easier.
- See the GitHub Guide for more details.
See the JRuby Style Guide.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.