Resume Man is an HTML and PDF resume builder made in Ruby with Middleman.
It has the following features:
- Separation between content and data, all your resume information is an YAML file.
- Fork this project for maintening multiple versions of your resume in sync.
- Markdown for formatting of the longer paragraphs.
- Default template included: SRT.
- You can preview your changes with Middleman's included server (with livereload).
- config.ru file included for use with Pow.
- Automatic PDF generation using wkhtmltopdf.
- Turnkey deployment to a
http://yourusername.github.com/resumepage with no configuration necessary.
- hResume microformat support.
See the result: sample resume.
Fork this project and name it
resume for example.
Follow the installation instructions below.
To create/update your resume, you'll just need to edit the
All keys with a
desc: | header can be Markdown formated.
Here is what it looks like:
info: name: Jonathan Doe shortdesc: Web Designer, Director email: email@example.com phone: (313) - 867-5309 address: - 123 Fake Street - City, Country desc: | You can put Markdown in here [like this](http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/).
You can preview your changes via
http://resume.dev/ if using Pow or
bundle exec middleman build
Build the static version of your resume, it'll also create the PDF version.
bundle exec middleman deploy
Upload it to a github page. Your resume will be available at
If you forked to your own repo:
git clone https://github.com/<yourusername>/resume.git cd resume
git clone https://github.com/reefab/ResumeMan.git cd ResumeMan
Install all dependencies:
sudo gem install bundler bundle install --path vendor/bundle
On Linux, don't forget to install the dev packages beforehand (Ubuntu 12.04 example):
sudo apt-get install build-essential ruby1.9.1-dev
If using Pow, this will setup a previewing server that will be available at http://resume.dev/
ln -s `pwd`/. ~/.pow/resume
Otherwise, you'll have to launch the previewing server manually:
bundle exec middleman