Zutubi Android Ant Tasks
The zutubi-android-ant project provides a collection of Ant tasks that are useful for Android (http://www.android.com/) projects. These tasks are intended to complement the Ant support provided by the Android SDK.
The zutubi-android-ant project has home on the web at:
Check it out for full project documentation.
This code is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See the LICENSE file for details.
To use zutubi-android-ant in your projects, you can:
- Download the latest jar from: http://github.com/jsankey/zutubi-android-ant/downloads and add it to your source tree.
- Define a namespace on the root element of your build file as follows:
- Nested within this root element, add the following taskdef:
- Reference the tasks in under the zaa: namespace, e.g.: zaa:lint </zaa:lint>
Currently, zutubi-android-ant contains the following tasks:
- addusedpermission : adds elements to a manifest
- bumpversion : bumps the project versionCode (optionally versionName)
- getversion : captures the versionCode and versionName to properties
- jsonversion : generates a JSON file usable with cwac-updater
- libproperties : makes it easy to link library sources in Eclipse
- lint : convenience task for running Android lint
- ndkbuild : convenience task for running native builds
- removeusedpermission : removes elements from a manifest
- setmanifestattributes: sets attributes on the element
- setversion : sets the project versionCode and/or versionName
Full documentation for the tasks is available online:
For more details check out:
- The project home page (includes full documentation): http://zutubi.com/source/projects/zutubi-android-ant/
- The example projects in the examples/ subdirectory (requires a built jar).
- The GitHub project page: https://github.com/jsankey/zutubi-android-ant/
To build the task jar, use ant in the root directory of this source tree:
$ ant jar
More ant targets are available, for details run:
$ ant -p
The build uses the Ant Script Library (http://www.exubero.com/asl/) for those that wish to understand further.
If you have any thoughts, questions etc about the tasks, you can contact me at:
All feedback is welcome.