Harmony Generated Playlist
Created at Music Hack Day San Francisco 2011
Generate a playlist of related songs based on the chord structure of a seed song.
Create a concept album on the fly!
How it works
- Get seed artist from ?artist param (default Weezer)
- Select random song from catalog (or from ?song)
- Get audio analysis from Echo Nest
- Get chroma vectors
- Compare chroma vectors to chord dictionary
- Use cosine similarity - choose closest
- For each chord, select a song in that key
- If chord = D maj, song key = D major
- Select songs from similar artists only
- Compile playlist
Uses Echo Nest API for artist, song, and chroma data. Chord estimation using cosine similarity method.