JS CraftCamp - Website
This project contains the jscraftcamp.org website and all the setup for the deployment.
Getting started to develop on the website follow those steps
- set up your development environment, see below
npm ito install all dependencies
npm startwhich will run the local webserver at localhost:9000, for developing
npm testto run the tests
npm run buildto generate all static files and to concatenate all participants files into the
distdirectory (in production this will be done by travis)
We offer two ways to install this project, you choose the one you like:
- use you own global nodejs version if installed on your system, or
- setup everything from scratch using nix
Global nodejs version
If you want to use your (global) nodejs setup, find out which version we require in the [./.travis.yml].
Setup via nix
If you don't want to rely on a global nodejs version, but want a reproducible environment, you can use nix as described here.
- Make sure to have nix installed (see nixos.org/nix) and then
nix-shelland you should have the environment up and running
- install all node modules using
- prove that it works,
- now you have a shell with a deterministic environment (incl. the right nodejs version)