The JSON-LD Test Suite is a set of tests that can be used to verify JSON-LD Processor conformance to the set of specifications that constitute JSON-LD. The goal of the suite is to provide an easy and comprehensive JSON-LD testing solution for developers creating JSON-LD Processors.
Tests are defined into compact, expand, flatten, frame, normalize, and rdf sections:
- compact tests have input, expected and context documents. The expected results can be compared using JSON object comparison with the processor output.
- expand tests have input and expected documents. The expected results can be compared using JSON object comparison with the processor output.
- frame tests have input, frame and expected documents. The expected results can be compared using JSON object comparison with the processor output.
- normalize tests have input and expected documents. The expected results can be compared using string comparison with the processor output.
- rdf tests have input and sparql documents. The results are tested
by performing the RDF conversion and using this as the default document for an
ASKquery contained within the sparql document using a SPARQL endpoint. The end result is a yes/no on whether the expected triples were extracted by the JSON-LD processor.
If you would like to contribute a new test or a fix to an existing test, please follow these steps:
- Notify the JSON-LD mailing list, email@example.com, that you will be creating a new test or fix and the purpose of the change.
- Clone the git repository: git://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org.git
- Make your changes and submit them via github, or via a 'git format-patch' to the JSON-LD mailing list.
Optionally, you can ask for direct access to the repository and may make changes directly to the JSON-LD Test Suite source code. All updates to the test suite go live on Digital Bazaar's JSON-LD Test Suite site within seconds of committing changes to github via a WebHook call.
How to Add a Unit Test
In order to add a unit test, you must follow these steps:
- Pick a new unit test number. For example - 250. To be consistent, please use the next available unit test number.
- Create a markup file in the tests/ directory with a .jsonld extension. For example: tests/rdf-250.jsonld
- Create a SPARQL query file in the tests/ directory with a .jsonld or .sparql extension. For example: tests/rdf-250.sparql
- Add your test to manifest.jsonld.
The test suite is designed to empower JSON-LD processor maintainers to create and add tests as they see fit. This may mean that the test suite may become unstable from time to time, but this approach has been taken so that the long-term goal of having a comprehensive test suite for JSON-LD can be achieved by the JSON-LD community.
The vocab.html and vocab.jsonld files are created from vocab.ttl using with