are called p5-*. I hope that's all of them.
* Fix bugs in indexing of in-doubt HOT-updated tuples * Fix multiple bugs in GiST index page split processing * Fix possible buffer overrun in tsvector_concat() * Fix crash in xml_recv when processing a "standalone" parameter * Avoid possibly accessing off the end of memory in "ANALYZE" and in SJIS-2004 encoding conversion * Fix race condition in relcache init file invalidation * Fix memory leak at end of a GiST index scan * Fix performance problem when constructing a large, lossy bitmap * Fix array- and path-creating functions to ensure padding bytes are zeroes * Work around gcc 4.6.0 bug that breaks WAL replay * Fix dump bug for VALUES in a view * Disallow SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE on sequences This operation doesn't work as expected and can lead to failures. * Defend against integer overflow when computing size of a hash table * Fix cases where "CLUSTER" might attempt to access already-removed TOAST data * Fix portability bugs in use of credentials control messages for "peer" authentication * Fix SSPI login when multiple roundtrips are required * Fix typo in pg_srand48 seed initialization * Avoid integer overflow when the sum of LIMIT and OFFSET values exceeds 2^63 * Add overflow checks to int4 and int8 versions of generate_series() * Fix trailing-zero removal in to_char() * Fix pg_size_pretty() to avoid overflow for inputs close to 2^63 * In pg_ctl, support silent mode for service registrations on Windows * Fix psql's counting of script file line numbers during COPY from a different file * more...
* Avoid failures when "EXPLAIN" tries to display a simple-form CASE expression. * Fix assignment to an array slice that is before the existing range of subscripts. * Avoid unexpected conversion overflow in planner for very distant date values. * Fix pg_restore's text output for large objects (BLOBs) when standard_conforming_strings is on. * Fix erroneous parsing of tsquery values containing ... & !(subexpression) | ... * Fix buffer overrun in "contrib/intarray"'s input function for the query_int type. * Fix bug in "contrib/seg"'s GiST picksplit algorithm.
* Force the default wal_sync_method to be fdatasync on Linux * Fix assorted bugs in WAL replay logic for GIN indexes * Fix recovery from base backup when the starting checkpoint WAL record is not in the same WAL segment as its redo point * Fix persistent slowdown of autovacuum workers when multiple workers remain active for a long time * Add support for detecting register-stack overrun on IA64 * Add a check for stack overflow in copyObject() * Fix detection of page splits in temporary GiST indexes * Avoid memory leakage while "ANALYZE"'ing complex index expressions * Ensure an index that uses a whole-row Var still depends on its table * Do not "inline" a SQL function with multiple OUT parameters * Behave correctly if ORDER BY, LIMIT, FOR UPDATE, or WITH is attached to the VALUES part of INSERT ... VALUES * Fix constant-folding of COALESCE() expressions * Fix postmaster crash when connection acceptance (accept() or one of the calls made immediately after it) fails, and the postmaster was compiled with GSSAPI support * Fix missed unlink of temporary files when log_temp_files is active * Add print functionality for InhRelation nodes * Fix incorrect calculation of distance from a point to a horizontal line segment * Fix PL/pgSQL's handling of "simple" expressions to not fail in recursion or error-recovery cases * Fix PL/Python's handling of set-returning functions * Fix bug in "contrib/cube"'s GiST picksplit algorithm * Don't emit "identifier will be truncated" notices in "contrib/dblink" except when creating new connections * Fix potential coredump on missing public key in "contrib/pgcrypto" * Fix memory leak in "contrib/xml2"'s XPath query functions * Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2010o for DST law changes in Fiji and Samoa; also historical corrections for Hong Kong.
* Use a separate interpreter for each calling SQL userid in PL/Perl and PL/Tcl * Prevent possible crashes in pg_get_expr() by disallowing it from being called with an argument that is not one of the system catalog columns it's intended to be used with * Treat exit code 128 (ERROR_WAIT_NO_CHILDREN) as non-fatal on Windows * Fix incorrect usage of non-strict OR joinclauses in Append indexscans * Fix possible duplicate scans of UNION ALL member relations * Fix "cannot handle unplanned sub-select" error * Fix failure to mark cached plans as transient * Reduce PANIC to ERROR in some occasionally-reported btree failure cases, and provide additional detail in the resulting error messages * Prevent show_session_authorization() from crashing within autovacuum processes * Defend against functions returning setof record where not all the returned rows are actually of the same rowtype * Fix possible failure when hashing a pass-by-reference function result. * Improve merge join's handling of NULLs in the join columns * Take care to fsync the contents of lockfiles (both "postmaster.pid" and the socket lockfile) while writing them * Avoid recursion while assigning XIDs to heavily-nested subtransactions * Avoid holding open old WAL segments in the walwriter process * Fix log_line_prefix's %i escape, which could produce junk early in backend startup * Fix possible data corruption in "ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE" when archiving is enabled * Allow "CREATE DATABASE" and "ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE" to be interrupted by query-cancel * Fix "REASSIGN OWNED" to handle operator classes and families * Fix possible core dump when comparing two empty tsquery values * Fix LIKE's handling of patterns containing % followed by _
to trigger/signal a rebuild for the transition 5.10.1 -> 5.12.1. The list of packages is computed by finding all packages which end up having either of PERL5_USE_PACKLIST, BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.perl, or PERL5_PACKLIST defined in their make setup (tested via "make show-vars VARNAMES=..."), minus the packages updated after the perl package update. sno@ was right after all, obache@ kindly asked and he@ led the way. Thanks!
* Add new configuration parameter ssl_renegotiation_limit to control how often we do session key renegotiation for an SSL connection * Fix possible deadlock during backend startup * Fix possible crashes due to not handling errors during relcache reload cleanly * Fix possible crash due to use of dangling pointer to a cached plan * Fix possible crashes when trying to recover from a failure in subtransaction start * Fix server memory leak associated with use of savepoints and a client encoding different from server's encoding * Fix incorrect WAL data emitted during end-of-recovery cleanup of a GIST index page split * Make substring() for bit types treat any negative length as meaning "all the rest of the string" The previous coding treated only -1 that way, and would produce an invalid result value for other negative values, possibly leading to a crash (CVE-2010-0442). * Fix integer-to-bit-string conversions to handle the first fractional byte correctly when the output bit width is wider than the given integer by something other than a multiple of 8 bits * Fix some cases of pathologically slow regular expression matching * Fix assorted crashes in xml processing caused by sloppy memory management * Fix bug with trying to update a field of an element of a composite-type array column * Fix the STOP WAL LOCATION entry in backup history files to report the next WAL segment's name when the end location is exactly at a segment boundary * Fix some more cases of temporary-file leakage This corrects a problem introduced in the previous minor release. One case that failed is when a plpgsql function returning set is called within another function's exception handler. * Improve constraint exclusion processing of boolean-variable cases, in particular make it possible to exclude a partition that has a "bool_column = false" constraint * When reading "pg_hba.conf" and related files, do not treat @something as a file inclusion request if the @ appears inside quote marks; also, never treat @ by itself as a file inclusion request * Prevent infinite loop on some platforms if a directory is named as an inclusion target in "pg_hba.conf" and related files * Fix possible infinite loop if SSL_read or SSL_write fails without setting errno This is reportedly possible with some Windows versions of openssl. * Disallow GSSAPI authentication on local connections, since it requires a hostname to function correctly * Make ecpg report the proper SQLSTATE if the connection disappears * Fix psql's numericlocale option to not format strings it shouldn't in latex and troff output formats * Make psql return the correct exit status (3) when ON_ERROR_STOP and --single-transaction are both specified and an error occurs during the implied "COMMIT" * Fix plpgsql failure in one case where a composite column is set to NULL * Fix possible failure when calling PL/Perl functions from PL/PerlU or vice versa * Add volatile markings in PL/Python to avoid possible compiler-specific misbehavior * Ensure PL/Tcl initializes the Tcl interpreter fully The only known symptom of this oversight is that the Tcl clock command misbehaves if using Tcl 8.5 or later. * Prevent crash in "contrib/dblink" when too many key columns are specified to a dblink_build_sql_* function * Allow zero-dimensional arrays in "contrib/ltree" operations * Fix assorted crashes in "contrib/xml2" caused by sloppy memory management * Make building of "contrib/xml2" more robust on Windows * Fix race condition in Windows signal handling One known symptom of this bug is that rows in pg_listener could be dropped under heavy load. * Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2010e for DST law changes in Bangladesh, Chile, Fiji, Mexico, Paraguay, Samoa.
* Fix GiST index corruption due to marking the wrong index entry "dead" after a deletion. This would result in index searches failing to find rows they should have found. * Fix backend crash when the client encoding cannot represent a localized error message. We have addressed similar issues before, but it would still fail if the "character has no equivalent" message itself couldn't be converted. The fix is to disable localization and send the plain ASCII error message when we detect such a situation. * Fix possible crash in bytea-to-XML mapping. * Fix possible crash when deeply nested functions are invoked from a trigger. * Improve optimization of "expression" IN ("expression-list") queries. * Fix mis-expansion of rule queries when a sub-SELECT appears in a function call in FROM, a multi-row VALUES list, or a RETURNING list. * Fix Assert failure during rescan of an IS NULL search of a GiST index. * Fix memory leak during rescan of a hashed aggregation plan. * Ensure an error is reported when a newly-defined PL/pgSQL trigger function is invoked as a normal function. * Force a checkpoint before "CREATE DATABASE" starts to copy files. * Prevent possible collision of relfilenode numbers when moving a table to another tablespace with "ALTER SET TABLESPACE". * Fix incorrect text search headline generation when single query item matches first word of text. * Fix improper display of fractional seconds in interval values when using a non-ISO datestyle in an "--enable-integer-datetimes" build. * Make ILIKE compare characters case-insensitively even when they're escaped. * Ensure "DISCARD" is handled properly by statement logging. * Fix incorrect logging of last-completed-transaction time during PITR recovery. * Ensure SPI_getvalue and SPI_getbinval behave correctly when the passed tuple and tuple descriptor have different numbers of columns. * Mark SessionReplicationRole as PGDLLIMPORT so it can be used by Slony on Windows. * Fix small memory leak when using libpq's gsslib parameter. * Ensure libgssapi is linked into libpq if needed. * Fix ecpg's parsing of "CREATE ROLE". * Fix recent breakage of pg_ctl restart. * Ensure "pg_control" is opened in binary mode. * Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2008i (for DST law changes in Argentina, Brazil, Mauritius, Syria)
to trigger/signal a rebuild for the transition 5.8.8 -> 5.10.0. The list of packages is computed by finding all packages which end up having either of PERL5_USE_PACKLIST, BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.perl, or PERL5_PACKLIST defined in their make setup (tested via "make show-vars VARNAMES=...").
With significant new functionality and performance enhancements, this release represents a major leap forward for PostgreSQL. This was made possible by a growing community that has dramatically accelerated the pace of development. This release adds the following major features: * Full text search is integrated into the core database system * Support for the SQL/XML standard, including new operators and an XML data type * Enumerated data types (ENUM) * Arrays of composite types * Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) data type * Add control over whether NULLs sort first or last * Updatable cursors * Server configuration parameters can now be set on a per-function basis * User-defined types can now have type modifiers * Automatically re-plan cached queries when table definitions change or statistics are updated * Numerous improvements in logging and statistics collection * Support Security Service Provider Interface (SSPI) for authentication on Windows * Support multiple concurrent autovacuum processes, and other autovacuum improvements * Allow the whole PostgreSQL distribution to be compiled with Microsoft Visual C++