Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
npm install jspm@beta.
For usage instructions, see the jspm 0.17 beta guide.
Breaking Changes in jspm 0.17
- When updating to jspm 0.17, jspm 0.16 projects will run through an automated upgrade process.
defaultJSExtensionsis now disabled and cannot be enabled for this version of jspm. Package configuration is now the primary mechanism for ensuring a
config.jsis now called
jspm.config.jsand works alongside a new separate
jspm install github:x/ynow installs into the default alias
- Registry API changes (with backwards compatibility warnings):
buildhook has been renamed to
processPackagetaking new arguments (https://github.com/jspm/jspm-cli/blob/0.17/docs/registry-api.md#processpackage-packageconfig-packagename-packagedir-optional)
packageFormathas been renamed to
packageNameFormatsusing wildcard syntax over regular expressions (https://github.com/jspm/jspm-cli/blob/0.17/docs/registry-api.md#static-packagenameformats)
- By default transpilers are plugins, with the init process providing the standard plugins for Traceur, Babel and TypeScript.
jspm dl-loader babelis no longer supported and this command only downloads the loader files.
- The GitHub registry will always download the git tree tag or branch directly instead of checking for uploaded release archive assets. As a result GitHub API credentials are no longer necessary.
- All overrides are all checked in to the package.json file to guarantee reproducibility.
jspm setmode remotehas been disabled until the jspm registry can be upgraded to the 0.17 version.
- New dynamic package configuration system - package files are no longer modified at all on download, with SystemJS configuration managing the npm compatibility layer.
- New linking workflow
- Peer dependency support
- New configuration file interface to fully retain existing style and properties
- Support for server-side npm installs
- npm registry endpoint supports custom module formats
- Local project configured as a package itself with init prompt handling
- Babel 6 plugin (https://github.com/systemjs/plugin-babel)
- Traceur plugin (https://github.com/systemjs/plugin-traceur)
- Automatic Rollup optimizations for jspm build (systemjs/builder#442)