How Old Is It?
A tool for recruiters to check how old a technology is.
Welcome to this non-exhaustive list of technologies and their approximate ages. I started this as a gentle dig at a subset of recruiters, and it has since been massively expanded upon by many contributors.
Running the Project
- Install the dependencies by running
- Run the application by running
Adding a Technology
New technologies should be added to
We're interested in:
- Programming languages such as Ruby or C++.
- Programming language frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Laravel.
- Programming adjacent tools such as Kubernetes or TravisCI.
Check the list of open issues to see if anything strikes your fancy and submit a merge request.
All contributions are welcome, no matter how obscure the technology!
How old is "how old?"
Sometimes it's difficult to determine the exact date a project was made publicly available. Sometimes there is a large gap between the public release and the "official" launch. If there is uncertainty over which date to pick when adding a technology, aim for the earlier of the two.
- This project was bootstrapped with Create React App.
- A big thanks to all of the contributors for massively expanding this beyond the tiny handful of technologies I had listed to begin with.
- Unreal Engine icon by iconscout on icons8.com
P.S. If you are a recruiter and you are reading this, obviously it is not you that we are poking fun at! Haha! Ha! Haa... please don't blacklist us from the industry.