Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Install ojsxc (owncloud)
JSXC assumes that you are using the same credentials for your *cloud and XMPP server.
1) Prepare system
2) Get it
Download and extract
ojsxc/ to your apps directory (e.g. /var/www/owncloud/apps/).
3) Enable it
Go to your owncloud apps page (e.g. http://localhost/owncloud/index.php/settings/apps?installed), select
4) Configure it
Go to the owncloud admin page:
- The URL to your bosh server (e.g.
/http-bind/). Please be aware of the same-origin-policy. If your XMPP server doesn't reside on the same host as your OwnCloud, use the Apache ProxyRequest as described in our prepare Apache guide.
- The domain of your Jabber ID.
- The resource of your JID. If you leaf this field blank a random resource is generated.
- The url to your TURN server. You get a free account on http://numb.viagenie.ca
- If no username is set, the TURN REST API is used.
- If no credential is set, the TURN REST API is used.
- Secret for TURN REST API.
- Lifetime of credentials.
Internal JSXC XMPP server
OJSXC implements a minimal XMPP server, just enough such that JSXC works. It is meant as a starting point, as long as you only run JSXC on ownCloud. As soon as you require more features (external clients, server-to-server communications, …) you should install a full-fledged XMPP server (they are pretty easy to install).