A RunDeck plugin that allows jobs to post Start/Sucess/Failure notifications directly into a Rocket.Chat instance in a relatively good looking manner.
Unofortonatly the "WebHook" notifications in RunDeck did not work properly as the implementation is different, So thats why this plugin has come into existance.
- Specify different channels for Success/Failure notifications.
- Different colour notifications for Success/Fail/Start
- The quickest/easiest way is to get the pre-compiled .jar from the GitHub Releases page - The latest can be found here
- Place the .jar into your RunDeck plugins folder located at $RDECK_BASE/libext/ - The default Debian/Ubuntu plugin folder for RunDeck should be /var/lib/rundeck/libext/
- Restart RunDeck
- Set up a Incoming Intergration in Rocket.Chat and take note of the URL
- Turn on Job notifications for something you want to be alerted for
- Put the URL in the 'Rocket.Chat WebHook URL' field
- Fill in the name of the channel you want the notifications to go too.
Building from Source
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:jszaszvari/rundeck-rocketchat-notifier.git $ cd rundeck-rocketchat-notifier $ gradle build
Once the build is complete the compiled .jar will be in be in the build/libs folder. Initial build should take a few mins to run, subsequent builds should take a few seconds.