Waldo (Current Version: 0.4)
Waldo is a port of TextMate's Find-in-Project feature, designed to work with MacVim.app
- Download Waldo.zip and put the .app in your Applications folder
- Launch Waldo.app to install the Vim plugin
Open MacVim.app and trigger Waldo using the
<leader>is a programmable prefix for commands. By default, it's '\' (backslash), though you can change it in your .vimrc file.
NOTE: If you do not have your
.vim/ folder in your home directory, you must manually place Waldo.vim (found inside the .app package) in your
NOTE: Make sure you
cd into directory you want to search.
- Fix crashes introduced in 0.2
- Rename "literal match" to "regex"
- Rename "case sensitive" to "ignore case"
- Code Refactoring
- Opening Waldo without specifying a project path in the command line will present an "Open" dialog
- Launch as menu item only
- Thanks to alloy for helping!
- Rename project to Waldo (previously known as VimAck)
- Auto-install vim plugin on first launch (thanks zef)
- Add support for case-sensitive searches (thanks zef)
- Add support for regex searches (thanks zef)
- Launch Waldo as a menu item (thanks ashchan)
- Perform ack subprocess on a separate thread
- Support for Sparkle.framework to ship updates automatically
- Prevent multiple instances of Waldo to open when you trigger
- Add history to search field
- Add ignore-directories feature
- Keyboard navigation
I highly encourage you to fork my project and implement any of the features in the Roadmap. Just submit a pull request and be sure to give yourself credit here!
Copyright (C) 2011 by Majd Taby Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.