- Generates all non-repeating permutations for the given input string.
- Calculate the number of permutations a given input string will yield without actually performing the permutations. It does this through some factorial math.
- Calculates a rough estimate of how many nanoseconds it will take to yield all permutations. Note that this is not very accurate for short input strings.
- Input string can be supplied through a commandline argument, or piped in through stdin.
- Input string is expected to be a set of utf-8 runes.
go get github.com/jteeuwen/permute
Yield all permutations for 'abc'.
$ permute -w abc
Same as above, but input supplied through a pipe.
$ echo -n "abc" | permute
Calculate the number of permutations this string will yield.
$ permute -w abc -c
Calculate average number of nanoseconds it will take to yield all permutations.
$ permute -w abc -t
Unless otherwise stated, all of the work in this project is subject to a 1-clause BSD license. Its contents can be found in the enclosed LICENSE file.