Tweet This - WordPress Plugin
All the pros agree. Sharing your content on Twitter is an immensely powerful, and essential, marketing tool for modern websites and blogs.
But do you know what is 100 times more effective than you sharing your stuff?
Your readers sharing it! Not only does word of mouth vastly increase your market reach, but your authority and the power of your message explodes exponentially.
The problem is the standard way of having your content shared is so impersonal and difficult for your readers. Those share buttons at the bottom of your page? They don't send anything inspiring! What you need is Tweet This!
Tweet This is the perfect tool for encouraging your readers to share. You get to write a short message. This message gets embedded into your post or page in an attractive manner. When a reader clicks on the message, they are given an opportunity to send the message as a tweet along with a link back to your post.
All you have to do is pick your most engaging quotes or content, load them into a Tweet This box, and watch your readers spread it to the far corners of the globe!
How Does It Work?
Tweet This works using shortcodes. Simply use the shortcode to embed text anywhere you like. When viewed, the shortcode displays a beautiful box containing your message as well as subtle encouragement for your readers to tweet it.
When they decide to tweet it, the message will automatically be filled in for them as well as a link back to your content and your Twitter account if so desired.
Check out the screenshots to get a better idea of how it works!
Tweet This is immensely customizable. You can customize the look of your Tweet This boxes. Setup the use of shortlinks in place of long URLs. And much more!
Using WordPress.org's Plugin Repository (recommended)
- Search for "Tweet This" in your WordPress "Add New" plugin section of your dashboard.
- Install and activate the "Tweet This" plugin by John Morris.
- Download the latest version of Tweet This and upload the
tweet-this.zipfile in the Add New plugin section of your dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the "Plugins" menu in your WordPress admin section.
- Visit the plugin's GitHub repository.
- Select the branch you want to download (leaving the default master branch is highly recommended).
- Click the download ZIP button on the lower right side of the page.
- Upload the contents of the tweet-this-branch name directory to a directory named 'tweet-this' in your WordPress site's './wp-content/plugins/' directory.
- Visit your WordPress site's Plugins menu in the admin section, and activate the newly listed Tweet This plugin.
PLEASE REPORT PROBLEMS
Bugs and conflicts are death to a WordPress plugin! If you discover a problem, please tell me so I can quash it ASAP.
I hope to polish the existing features, clean up the source code, and add new features as time progresses. A few of my lofty ideas are listed below
- Click and tweet statistics.
- Simpler theming.
- More robust theming.
- Usage statistics sent back to me (for debugging, ideas, and possibly global statistics if the plugin is popular enough).
- Shortcode editing using TinyMCE dialog box (like Crayon Syntax Highlighter).