Deep Remove Folders and Directories in Windows
Welcome to the 'DeepRemove' tool page!
The tool that removes folder or directory structures that are too deep to remove by traditional tools or shell commands in Windows.
Little bit of history
I started this tool long time back in CodePlex to solve a recurrent problem in Windows. In Windows, some tools can create deeply nested folder structures, with paths that exceed the 260 character max lenght (in the shell and UI); once the path exceeds the limit, there were no tools to help you remove those folders.
Now that CodePlex is being retired (or already retired), I ported the tool to this place. And, also added a new version of the tool.
DeepRemove version 1
- This is a Windows, window, UI application.
- The tool was written in C# with calls into Kernel32.
- The executable (installer) is DeepRemove_1_0_26_58.zip
- For the tool usage see DeepRemove
DeepRemove2 version 2
- This is a command line application.
- The tool was written in C++ with calls into the standard library (STL) and "windows.h".
- The executable (installer) is DeepRemove2_1_0_3.zip
- Type 'DeepRemove2' at a console prompt to get help (assuming the tool folder is listed in your path).
Developing and Contributing
At this moment I'm not monitoring this site as I should, so your contributions (either PRs or issues) might wait for a long time.
Legal and Licensing
PowerShell is licensed under the MIT license.
Code of Conduct
This project has adopted the Microsoft Open Source Code of Conduct.