HillPace is a library for planning running races. It can take the GPX or TCX of a route and a reference pace (the pace you would go on ideal conditions) and generate planned paces by segments, based on configurable external factors like the climb grade of each segment.
Note: This is a work in progress, but the core of the code is functional.
Go to the root directory of the package and run:
Add this to your gemfile:
And take a look at the Example section.
Important: Notice that geoelevation needs the whole SRTM database to work and it will download it automatically on
~/.elevations.rb on the first run (this can be hundreds of MB, but it is only necessary once).
- lib/hillpace: contains the core classes of the package, which manage paces, routes, segments and track points
- lib/hillpace/input contains classes for importing routes (at the moment, just GPX)
- lib/hillpace/pace_adjuster contains the pace adjuster and its strategies
- lib/hillpace/race_planner contains a convenient race planner to, based on a strategy, just obtain the data for a combination of route, split distances and reference pace.
- specs contains the specs :)
- examples/race_planning.rb contains an example of use (see the Example section)
All classes in the codebase are tested, and you can run those tests by typing:
bundle exec rake tests
An example can be found in examples/race_planning.rb, and it can be run this way:
bundle exec rake example
The example is assumed to get that GPX and an input pace of 4:08 minutes per km, which is my theoretical pace for a flat course, and gives the following output:
Example: Granada Half Marathon (from flat surface pace: 4:08 min/km) 0.0Km - 1.0Km (incline 1.85%): 04:30 min/km 1.0Km - 2.0Km (incline 0.65%): 04:15 min/km 2.0Km - 3.0Km (incline -2.7%): 03:41 min/km 3.0Km - 4.0Km (incline 0.0%): 04:08 min/km 4.0Km - 5.0Km (incline -1.6%): 03:51 min/km 5.0Km - 6.0Km (incline 0.53%): 04:14 min/km 6.0Km - 7.0Km (incline -1.03%): 03:57 min/km 7.0Km - 8.0Km (incline 0.2%): 04:10 min/km 8.0Km - 9.0Km (incline -0.4%): 04:03 min/km 9.0Km - 10.0Km (incline 2.3%): 04:36 min/km 10.0Km - 11.0Km (incline -0.47%): 04:02 min/km 11.0Km - 12.0Km (incline -0.31%): 04:04 min/km 12.0Km - 13.0Km (incline 1.99%): 04:32 min/km 13.0Km - 14.0Km (incline -0.5%): 04:02 min/km 14.0Km - 15.0Km (incline 1.47%): 04:25 min/km 15.0Km - 16.0Km (incline 0.68%): 04:15 min/km 16.0Km - 17.0Km (incline -0.95%): 03:57 min/km 17.0Km - 18.0Km (incline 0.5%): 04:13 min/km 18.0Km - 19.0Km (incline -1.6%): 03:51 min/km 19.0Km - 20.0Km (incline -0.49%): 04:02 min/km 20.0Km - 21.0Km (incline 0.19%): 04:10 min/km 21.0Km - 21.23Km (incline -0.43%): 04:03 min/km