"Foodie" Blogging platform
EmberJS app to manage cooking recipes and reviews, interacting with a Rails API: https://github.com/juanroldan1989/foodie-blog-api
EmberJS App: https://foodie-blog.herokuapp.com/ - Rails API: https://foodie-blog-api.herokuapp.com/v1/activity_items
- Implemented support for Posts, Recipes and Reviews CRUD actions.
- Fixtures setup for Posts, Recipes, Reviews and ActivityItems. Prototyping purposes only.
- ActivityItems listed in application layout.
- Test suite setup.
- Persisting data through API
- Currently working on authentication workflow: https://auth0.com/blog/2015/08/11/create-your-first-ember-2-dot-0-app-from-authentication-to-calling-an-api/
You will need the following things properly installed on your computer.
git clone <repository-url>this repository
- change into the new directory
Running / Development
- Visit your app at http://localhost:4200.
- To enable/disable interaction with API, please refer to
app/adapters/application.jsfile for instructions.
Make use of the many generators for code, try
ember help generate for more details
ember test --server
ember build --environment production(production)
- Heroku Buildpack for ember-cli: https://github.com/tonycoco/heroku-buildpack-ember-cli
Further Reading / Useful Links
"Ember JS - Core Concepts" - http://guides.emberjs.com/v2.1.0/getting-started/core-concepts/
"RailsConf 2015 - Rails and EmberCLI: an integration love story" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnquHUlh0Pk
"Building Custom Apps with EmberCLI" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vPwvFdUiE
Development Browser Extensions