libes, an Entity System library
libes is a library for managing an entity system written in C++.
If you do not know what an entity system is, you should read the following blog entries:
- Evolve your hierarchy, Mick West, Jan 2007
- Entity Systems are the future of MMOG development, Adam Martin, Sep 2007
- What is an entity system framework for game development?, Richard Lord, Jan 2012
- (in French) Les systèmes à entités, Julien Bernard, Sep 2013
You can also check the Entity Systems Wiki.
Build and install
You can download the sources directly from github:
git clone https://github.com/jube/libes.git
Then you have to use CMake to build the project:
cd libes mkdir build cd build cmake ../src make
Finally, you can install the files (you may need root permissions):
libes provides a pkg-config file so you can use it to configure your project.
pkg-config --cflags --libs libes0
Then you can check the libes tutorial to learn how to use the library.
- Julien Bernard, julien dot bernard at univ dash fcomte dot fr
- Sébastien Rombauts, sebastien dot rombauts at gmail dot com
This library is open source and is distributed under the ISC licence.