Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- fix crash on pre-Oreo
- fix crash fix for bug in pcap4j library when packet payload cannot be extracted
- improve error message when IP address of DNS packet was not configured
Night mode should be considered in Android 10/Q,
not Android 9/P. Sorry.
- Work around bug in pcap4j crashing dns66 (#373)
- app whitelist: Fix crash when getContext() is null (#362)
- StartFragment: Fix icon not being shown after disconnect (#361)
- Force notifications on Oreo and above. Use notification channels
to disable notifications you don't like
- Fix crash when vpn is restarted in some situations (#360)
- updates: Follow redirects (#338)
- Automatically follow night/dark mode on Android 10+ (#358)
- respect order of system dns servers (#382)
- dependency updates
- Dependency updates
- Build against Android 9 (api level 28)
- Fixes for notifications on Android 9 (Pie)
- Changes to default host files
- Force Play Services, Backup Transport, and Service Framework onto vpn
- Updated digitalcourage DNS servers
- Added CloudFlare DNS servers
Small bugfix release for autostart on Oreo. Note that persistent Notification is mandatory on Oreo, otherwise it will crash on boot.
Add notification channels
Notification channels are required when targetting Android
Oreo, otherwise notifications are not shown.
We have 3 channels for now:
- Running service (minimum priority)
- Paused service (low priority)
- Host file updates (low priority)
This matches earlier behaviour as far as possible.
Update GSON to 2.8.2
Upgrade to SDK version 26 (Oreo)
That's what I'm using now, so let's build with it.
Update to pcap4j 1.7.2 for aitoy/pcap4#123
pcap4j 1.7.1 had issues parsing certain packets.
Allow applications to bypass the VPN themselves
This might help with #193, not sure.
Report stopped when stopped by third party
There seems to be a more generic life-cycle problem here, as that
does not seem to be the correct solution, but it at least fixes the
issue as good as possible. Really gotta do that life-cycle rework.
Treat system webview like a browser in 'system except browsers'
System webview widgets might be running the view in some webview
UID sandbox or something, not sure, but according to #125 this
solves the issue.
Don't just crash if logcat fails
Increase update timeouts
Increase the time out for connect to 30 seconds, and the overall
execution wait thing to an hour - this one really should not be
timing out in the first place, otherwise you get inconsistent
Re-add external storage permissions
Some vendors like Xiaomi seem to produce horribly broken
systems that require external storage permission for
ACTION_CREATE_DOCUMENT with CATEGORY_OPENABLE. They
just pop up a toast saying to toggle on file permissions
in settings, but if we do not list file permissions in
the manifest, there are none to be toggled on in settings.
This does not really have any effect on other Android >= 6.0
phone, as permissions have to be requested at run-time and the
manifest just specifies an upper set, but it should allow Mi
users to work around their horribly broken systems.
This might improve memory usage a bit because we are switching to a new pcap4j release.
Norwegian translation (#201)
Spanish translation (#183)
Julian Andres Klode (4):
Accept ::1 in host files like 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
Improve German translation
German translation: Remove comma before "und"
Switch to pcap4j 1.7.1 and static factory (memory use!)
Update Dutch translation