OpenBLAS is an optimized BLAS library based on GotoBLAS2 1.13 BSD version. OpenBLAS is an open source project supported by Lab of Parallel Software and Computational Science, ISCAS http://www.rdcps.ac.cn.
Please read the documents on OpenBLAS wiki pages http://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/wiki.
Download from project homepage. http://xianyi.github.com/OpenBLAS/
Or, check out codes from git://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS.git
- type "make" to detect the CPU automatically. or
- type "make TARGET=xxx" to set target CPU, e.g. "make TARGET=NEHALEM". The full target list is in file TargetList.txt.
Please set CC and FC with the cross toolchains. Then, set HOSTCC with your host C compiler. At last, set TARGET explicitly.
On X86 box, compile this library for loongson3a CPU.
make BINARY=64 CC=mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc FC=mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu-gfortran HOSTCC=gcc TARGET=LOONGSON3A
Intall to the directory (Optional)
make install PREFIX=your_installation_directory
The default directory is /opt/OpenBLAS
Support CPU & OS
Please read GotoBLAS_01Readme.txt
Additional support CPU:
- Intel Xeon 56xx (Westmere): Used GotoBLAS2 Nehalem codes.
- Intel Sandy Bridge: Optimized Level-3 BLAS with AVX on x86-64.
- AMD Bobcat: Used GotoBLAS2 Barcelona codes.
- AMD Bulldozer: Used GotoBLAS2 Barcelona codes.
- ICT Loongson 3A: Optimized Level-3 BLAS and the part of Level-1,2.
- ICT Loongson 3B: Experimental
- MingWin/Windows: Please read https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/wiki/How-to-use-OpenBLAS-in-Microsoft-Visual-Studio.
- Darwin/Mac OS X: Experimental. Although GotoBLAS2 supports Darwin, we are the beginner on Mac OS X.
- FreeBSD: Supportted by community. We didn't test the library on this OS.
Link with libopenblas.a or -lopenblas for shared library.
Set the number of threads with environment variables.
The priorities are OPENBLAS_NUM_THREADS > GOTO_NUM_THREADS > OMP_NUM_THREADS.
If you compile this lib with USE_OPENMP=1, you should set OMP_NUM_THREADS environment variable. OpenBLAS ignores OPENBLAS_NUM_THREADS and GOTO_NUM_THREADS with USE_OPENMP=1.
Set the number of threads on runtime.
We provided the below functions to controll the number of threads on runtime.
void goto_set_num_threads(int num_threads); void openblas_set_num_threads(int num_threads);
If you compile this lib with USE_OPENMP=1, you should use the above functions, too.
Please add a issue in https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/issues
OpenBLAS users mailing list: http://list.rdcps.ac.cn/mailman/listinfo/openblas
Please see Changelog.txt to obtain the differences between GotoBLAS2 1.13 BSD version.
- Please read Faq at first.
- Please use gcc version 4.6 and above to compile Sandy Bridge AVX kernels on Linux/MingW/BSD.
- Please use Clang version 3.1 and above to compile the library on Sandy Bridge microarchitecture. The Clang 3.0 will generate the wrong AVX binary code.
- The number of CPUs/Cores should less than or equal to 256.
- On Linux, OpenBLAS sets the processor affinity by default. This may cause the conflict with R parallel. You can build the library with NO_AFFINITY=1.
- On Loongson 3A. make test would be failed because of pthread_create error. The error code is EAGAIN. However, it will be OK when you run the same testcase on shell.
Specification of Git Branches
We used the git branching model in this article (http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/). Now, there are 4 branches in github.com.
- The master branch. This a main branch to reflect a production-ready state.
- The develop branch. This a main branch to reflect a state with the latest delivered development changes for the next release.
- The loongson3a branch. This is a feature branch. We develop Loongson3A codes on this branch. We will merge this feature to develop branch in future.
- The gh-pages branch. This is for web pages