A simple OTA REST Server for LineageOS OTA Updater System Application
How to use
cd /var/www/ && composer create-project julianxhokaxhiu/lineage-ota LineageOTA
- Follow the rest of the tutorial on my personal blog post where I explain how to override the build server on your ROM.
- Optional. If just want to test if the REST Server is working, if you go to http://localhost/LineageOTA you'll be redirected to the builds directory listing.
docker run \ --restart=always \ -d \ -p 80:80 \ -v "/home/user/builds:/var/www/html/builds/full" \ julianxhokaxhiu/lineageota
Where do I have to upload the ZIPs that I obtain after the compilation?
- Full builds should be uploaded to
- Delta builds will be automatically built on the
Can I Debug my REST Server somehow?
Yes, you can! I've implemented a simple script made for NodeJS that you clone and use it.
- Removing XDelta3 logic for Delta creation ( see https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=69760632#post69760632 for a described correct process )
- Prevent crash of the OTA system if a file is being accessed meanwhile it is being uploaded
- Adding support for LineageOS CMUpdater ( this should not break current CM ROMs support, if yes please create an issue! )
- Renamed the whole project from CyanogenMod to LineageOS
- Added support for LineageOS ( and kept support for current CyanogenMod ROMs, until they will transition to LineageOS)
- Loop only between .ZIP files! Before even .TXT files were "parsed" which wasted some memory. Avoid this and make the REST server memory friendly :)
- HTML Changelogs! If you will now create a changelog file next to your ZIP file with an HTML extension ( eg.
lineage-14.0-20161230-NIGHTLY-hammerhead.html) this will be preferred over .TXT ones! Otherwise fallback to the classic TXT extension ( eg.
- Fix the parsing of SNAPSHOT builds
- Final Fix for TXT and ZIP files in the same directory
- Automatic URL detection for basePath ( no real need to touch it again )
- Delta builds array is now returned correctly
- Memcached support
- UNOFFICIAL builds support ( they will be set as channel = NIGHTLY )
- Fix Delta Builds path
- Fix internal crash when *.txt files were present inside /builds/full path
- Fix some breaking changes that will not enable the REST server to work correctly.
- Excluded hiddens files and autogenerated ones by the OS (for example
- Refactored the whole code.
- Now everything is PSR4 compliant.
- Introduced composer.json to make easier the installation of the project.
- Delta updates may or may not work. It's using Deltax3 to create them but it's just experimental. Use it at your own risk.