Use Mocha (
npm install mocha) to run tests from the command line (
test/flexo.js.) To run tests from a browser, also install Chai (
chai) then open
test/flexo.html in your browser. More documentation is
forthcoming; run the test page
to get an idea of what you can do.
- Write documentation
- Missing tests (fix unlisten)
- Randomness: noise, drunk, seeded generator, &c.
New in v0.3.0 (In progress)
- New globals for Function prototype: $call, $apply, $bind;
- New globals for Array prototype: $filter, $forEach, $map, $push, $slice, $splice, $unshift (using call) and $$push and $$unshift (using apply);
- random_id for a quick-and-dirty random identifier string;
- fst, snd, and self;
- updated promises to spec version 1.1; still failing tests in section 220.127.116.11.1. Deprecated promise_each, promise_map, promise_fold, and then in favor of fold_promises and collect_promises.
New in v0.2.3
- Improved error handling and added mimeType parameter for ez_xhr;
- check input parameters for split_uri and absolute_uri;
- simplified Urn (removed empty);
- then to wrap around values thay may be promises [needs tests];
- promise_script for script loading [needs tests];
- promise_each, promise_map, promise_fold [need tests];
- made the second argument to normalize_uri optional.
New in v0.2.2
- Simplified make_property setter API (no need for previous value);
- Urn.picks to pick n items at once; remaining property; avoid repeats by default (so no extra flag/parameter);
- reviewed custom events so that they are not stored on objects themselves; this also allows to listen to all notifications of a given type.
New in v0.2.1
- intersperse for arrays;
- remove for urn;
- timeout for promises;
- asap as a faster way to delay execution than setTimeout, using setImmediate where available, or window.postMessage otherwise;
- promise_img takes an attributes object as argument which should contain a src property (or simply a src string.)
New in v0.2.0
- Removed Seq and implemented Promise, with separate tests.
- promise_img to create a promise for an img element;
- Par to manage a list of promises;
- quote escapes newlines;
- ez_xhr returns a promise and fulfills it with the response of the request; ottherwise, rejects it with an object containing the request and an additional reason.
- safe_string to allow toString() to be called safely or null or undefined values (TODO: test)
- funcify to turn a value into a 0-ary function returning that value (TODO: test)
- renamed cancel to fail;
- remove_first_from_array removes the first element that matches a predicate;
- Global π is set to Math.PI;
- hcaErof is forEach in reverse (TODO: test);
- Function.discard returns a function that discards its arguments;
- String.fmt converts %n to an integer (so %03 is the same as %3);
- String.fmt accepts the form %(n) to avoid ambiguites (e.g. "%(0)0".)
New in v0.1.5
- Function.trampoline and Function.get_thunk (require tests)
- quote to quote a string;
- make_property takes an optional initial value;
- urn to pick random elements from an array while emptying the array;
- Seq.flush() can be called explicitly to start flushing without waiting for timeout.
New in v0.1.4
- fixed false-negative in Firefox;
- array_without returns a copy of the input array without the given item;
- cancel throws a ”cancel” exception when called with a true value, or no value at all;
- make_property makes use of cancel to cancel setting a property instead of the ambiguous ”undefined” value (the setter receives a third parameter);
- num_to_hex converts a number into a hex-formatted color.
New in v0.1.3
- values to get values of a dictionary-like object.
New in v0.1.2
- listen, listen_once and unlisten return the listener;
- new function nop: does nothing.
New in v0.1.1
- separated poly_points to generate points for an existing element;
- added tests.
Trampoline calls are adapted from http://github.com/spencertipping/js-in-ten-minutes. Asap is inspired by https://github.com/NobleJS/setImmediate. Promises follow the Promises/A+ spec.